The cookies that prompted me to make a “cookbook” category 🙂
Full Disclosure: I have gotten into the habit of dumping ingredients into the food processor, so I’m approximating on measurements. If any number seems off, you’re probably right. Feel free to adjust, accordingly.
I have a cute little Oster from the 1960s. It was my grandma’s. Hence the small output for my recipe.
- 3/4 cup oatgroats (soaked overnight)
- 1 1/2-2 Tablespoons Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2-2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (Actually I use imitation, tbh. You can sub real vanilla beans, of course)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
Mix all ingredients in the food processor to achieve an oatmeal-cookie-esque texture.
Grease a plate or cookie sheet. Or do it the easy way (I know I did) and just lay a sheet of wax paper on a plate.
Plop down spoonfuls of dough on the wax paper, flattening each spoonful as you go.
Freeze the cookies for several hours, to achieve solidification and cold-cookie-ness.
They are delicious, I promise 🙂